Thursday, January 17, 2008

I was just wondering.....

I expect chapter four to be rather long. With that said, I have a few questions to those of you who enjoy DitLoaC enough to read the news box.
I'm starting to work on preliminary ideas for a compilation book of the current DitLoaC story (as in, when the tale of Yit n Lit is all done, there'll be a hard copy in case anyone's interested.)
One of the things that was suggested, was I go back and redo all the pages that don't have the "current" speech balloon style. Other then that, full character profiles, and an extra twenty page short of what would happen if Yitsana was a magical girl story tossed in at the end.
I'm at a loss for what else to do to make the book more enticing. The book will be all b&w so I'm wondering if I shouldn't include the colour excerpts, for fear they might lose something when they go b&w. I was also going to redo all the chapter covers, so they'll span two pages.
But what else would you, the readers want in the book?
Also, should I have one version that's just esentially a hard copy of the ones up, and then another of the aforementioned "fancy" version mentioned above?

Any feed back would be great! Sorry for always having such long news box thingies!

2 comments:

Brigid said...

These ideas sound great! Losing the color inserts would be a loss, though. Maybe redoing them with screentone so they can be included?

Anyway, I can't really think of much else to add. The maho shojo AU idea sounds like fun. Oh, I also think that just having one version of the printed compilation would make life ever so much easier. ^_^

I look forward to seeing what happens.

Anonymous said...

I won't get to see it anyways, maybe, but the las suggestion (the hard-cover copy) would be the one I'd like best (it WOULD be a loss without the coloured ones...) Sorry for having nothing other to add. Oh: IF you have it, include that shoujo thingy.
What I'd like would be redone chapter covers (looking a bit simple by now; too, some of the strips, like the first two in chapter 4 - yit looks sooo clumsy there) and some portraits of all the people at the end. Well, Maybe I'll ever see the book (than it will be MINE), but anyways, thank you for creating such good work. LI

About Me

*blinks* I have a corgi. *holds the corgi up* He looks like a cookie jar. Isn't he cwute?